- MOST HORRIFIC EVP EVER RECORDED: In January 2007, the Central New York Ghost Hunters investigated an old hotel in upstate New York. According to them it was the most active ghost hunt. After they investigated the tape they discovered some startling material: the voices of men and women not present as well as a women being attack. There’s a lot more information, just click on the link and listen.
- AUDITORY HALLUCINATIONS: It was designed to provide the listener with some understanding of what it might be like to experience auditory hallucinations. Content in this presentation is based on things clients told a mental health outreach worker.
- JONESTOWN DEATH TAPE: An audio recording made on November 18, 1978, at the Peoples Temple compound in Jonestown, Guyana immediately preceding and during the mass suicide and murder of over 900 members of the cult.
- THE INTERROGATION CHAMBER 3D AUDIO: A 3D audio is one in which it feels like it’s happening RIGHT in front of you. This is an audio recording that contains violent material of a rough interrogation.
- THE ORIGINAL NIGHT STALKER: The Original Night Stalker is the name given to an unidentified serial killer and rapist who murdered at least ten people in Southern California from 1979 through 1986. This is a recording on one of the victim’s answering machine.
- SOUNDS OF SPACE: Space maybe mostly empty but boy it creates some horrific sounds.
- MOCK ACTIVATION OF A NUCLEAR ATTACK: So this is what the end of the world sounds like
- THE BLOOP: A mysterious sound from the bottom of the deep ocean. Some say it was gigantic sea creature but scientists speculate it was a large iceberg scraping the ocean floor.
- OPERATION WANDERING SOUL: Also known as “Ghost Tape Number 10” was an audio mix the US military used for psychological operations in the Vietnam War against the North Vietnamese. It played deeply on the Vietnamese belief of ancestor worship, spirits and the afterlife.
- RED FOX SOUNDS: What did the fox say? Something I don’t want to hear in the middle of the night.
BONUS: This has been going around tumblr, but if you haven’t already, listen to the Spongebob Squarepants theme song slowed down by over 800%
I just wanted to show people who aren’t too familiar with these things that FNAF was actually pretty on point with the setting and the endoskeletons for the animatronics. Creepy heads laying around and all. This is all Rock-afire Explosion (unsure about the second to last image, but pretty sure).
If you think these things look creepy online or in-game, you obviously haven’t felt the terror of watching one in person. Don’t go out of your way for that experience, holy shit.
raskolnikovinthepinkroom said: hey, hi! what are your favorite "weird fiction" books? now I'm reading The Call of Cthulhu and more suggestions would really be a help... btw your blog is very interesting to me.
get ready because this is long and also some of this might be more gothic than weird
anything by lovecraft, derleth, machen, bierce, ligotti, and howard
some stuff by stephen king, personally i think his short stories are way better than his novels
john bellairs’ books (although they’re for a younger audience)
the king in yellow
let the right one in
the picture of dorian gray
the black spider
we have always lived in the castle
white is for witching
the moth diaries
the love curse of the rumbaughs
the turn of the screw
there once lived a woman who tried to kill her neighbor’s baby, the drowned life, st lucy’s home for girls raised by wolves, blood roses, and in the valley of the kings are good weird short story collections
i’ve heard laird barron, china mieville, clive barker, and caitlin kiernan are good but i haven’t read much of them yet
creepy manga: junji ito
that’s what i can think of for now. my comrade can add more to this and if i also think of more i will add them.
so i thought this ask was for this blog, not my main, because it seemed like the sort of ask this blog would get so i’m reblogging it to here. dialecticalmaterialistgolddigger, add any more you have.
i don’t know how i forgot house of leaves but somehow i fucked up
while i’m at it i’m also going to add revenge (by yoko ogawa), summer, fireworks, and my corpse, yuko, and black fairy tale (all three by otsuichi), and of bees and mist
lol flashmobbing at generals’ funerals is so cool
only 1832 kids will understand this
Leslie Knope tries impressions and accents
the best thing about it is that her vocal range is great for impressions, but her execution of them is so overdone which is what makes her so hilarious. It’s part of the reason she was so successful on SNL. Funniest lady.
If you haven’t been reading Awful Hospital you missed this incredible strategy the commenters came up with involving a plastic army man and I couldn’t not implement
Some of these can be found at Etsy.
You may also like:
For those who are asking, here’s a link to Etsy page (LINK)
Page 1 of 82